Monday, September 9, 2013

Happenings in Mrs. Foster's Class

We have been in school for about a week and we learned something new today.  We learned that Giovanni da Verrazano explored the Cape Fear River in March 1524, Hernando de Soto explored the Great Smoky Mountains, and Arthur Barlowe plus Philip Amadas explored Roanoke Island.  In the late 1500s, Queen Elizabeth I of England gave Sir Walter Raleigh permission to start a colony in North America.  Yesterday and today we learned a lot of social studies because we had a social studies text.

I had a wonderful weekend and I hope everybody else had a wonderful weekend.  I hope everybody else had a wonderful week at school because if I didn't I wouldn't want to go to school if I were you.  I like school do you?  I love school because I met new people and became friends with them.  I learned about stuff I never knew about.

By Evelyn Nguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want Email Notifications When Blog is Updated?